Here are some tips on how to look after a Chanel handbag:
- Store the handbag in a cool place and avoid the sun. Direct sunlight will fade the color over time and cause discoloration.
- Try to store the handbag in the original dust bag and box.
- Make sure that the chains are not in contact with the handbag as they may mark the leather. Try to put them inside the handbag or wrapped it with the tissue paper.
- Put extra tissue paper inside the handbag to keep the shape.
- Never put the handbag on the public ground or on the floor.
- Becareful when wearing a blue jean, the color might rubbing onto a lighter color handbag.
- Do not over-fill the handbag, as this might alter the bag shape.
- Avoid put makeup directly in the handbag. It might dirty the interior lining. Try to store the makeup in a makeup bag.
- If the handbag gets wet, do not wipe it but absorb the water by patting gently with a fine woolen cloth.